Friday, September 23, 2011

What a perfect night!

As I write this I am snuggled up in front of the fireplace with some hot apple cider! How Vermont-ish right?!


Another week in the books at the hospital! 2 weeks down, 13 more to go! This week was a whirlwind! It started off real crappy with some horrible new cancer diagnosis', child abuse, and palliative/bereavement care. By the end of the week it brightened up a lot and today I finally felt like I could leave the hospital without anything hanging over my shoulders! I started having some great rapport with families and patients. I have some patients with chronic illnesses that I will be following throughout my whole time out here. I usually spend an hour with both of them each day. Another one of my responsibilities is planning Camp @ CHaD activities...a boy who passed away at the hospital 10 years ago had a memorial fund that was given to the hospital to have "camp" everyday. This boy loved camp and missed the camp atmosphere at the hospital. So there is a camp activity in the morning and afternoon and it varies from group games, song, arts and crafts, and different competitions. It is super fun and it encourages kids to get out of their room and have some peer interaction!


This weekend I am just staying at home relaxing :) I am going to go to the farmer's market tomorrow and the gym but that is all on my agenda!

1 comment: