Pronunciations:
Idea -- Idear
Haverhill (which is a city near by) -- Avril
Soup-- Chowdah
Sir -- Suh
Garbage -- Gahbidge
Saturday -- Saddadee
Dinner- Dinnah
Supper-- Suppa
Professor-- Professah
Car-- Cah
Fall-- Digga
Different words:
Trash-- Barrel
Shoes (Boat Shoes/Comfy Shoes) -- Bobos
Abbreviations:
Jealous -- jelly
Massachusetts-- Mass
New England Patriots -- Pats
Avenue -- Av
Cape Cod-- The Cape
Rainboots/Wellington's -- Wellies
Rainboots/Wellington's -- Wellies
Everyone says the word WICKED to describe everything!! They also use the word mad a lot... for instance, one of the doctors that I share an office with said to me "thats a mad sweater! where did you get it?" which means she liked it. The first time I heard it I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing.
I havent picked up on too much of it yet... I do like saying jelly instead of jealous even though my friends hate it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment