And the countdown to Christmas has begun...
I have been listening to Christmas music on a regular basis and everything is decorated out here. The town I live in had their annual tree lighting ceremony this weekend and the streets look like a set out of a movie. We had a big snowfall right before Thanskgiving but thankfully (knock on wood) we haven't had any since. Christmas time at the hospital is the most crazy time of year... between entertainment visits, decorations, and visits from Santa. Not to mention the donations that we receive. It is amazing how many people and companies donate to the children at our hospital for the holidays.
9 days to go and counting at the hospital. I am trying to squeeze in every last opportunity possible before I am done. Along with that, I have to start transitioning some of patient care back to my supervisor. It has been interesting trying to explain to some of patients that I am leaving in a few weeks and that they won't see me again.
On December 16th, I will be flying back to Madison to walk in my graduation ceremony that weekend. Can't wait to walk across that stage and receive my $100,000 diploma that I have earned. :) The few days following graduation are going to be an absolute whirlwind! On the Tuesday following graduation I will be flying back out here with my mom and brother to drive my stuff and car back to Wisconsin right before Christmas. Cross your fingers there is no winter weather in Wisconsin or out here the weekend I fly home for graduation or the next few days following when I drive home.
I am looking forward to being home for awhile and to relax! :)
I will try and write once more before I leave, I am sure I will use every procrastination tactic possible before I start packing my clothes. Hopefully I can get them all to fit in my car again!
With Love,
Sarah
p.s. What a weekend for Wisconsin sports! Packers 12-0 and the Badgers are going to the Rose Bowl! How exciting! I told my parents that I wanted Rose Bowl tickets and it could count as my birthday and Christmas presents for the next 10 years. No budging though :) I guess I just went to the Rose Bowl 5 years ago for my brother's Make-A-Wish even though it was USC and Michigan and not the Badgers.
Here are some pictures of my neighborhood after it snowed and of the Dartmouth Green/Hanover Christmas tree:

No comments:
Post a Comment