Sunday, November 20, 2011

WITH LOVE FROM PHILADELPHIA XOXO

I just got back from an AMAZING weekend in Philadelphia! It was a whirlwind and we tried squeeze a lot in! My flight left later this morning compared to the last time I flew there a month ago. It was nice to be able to sleep in this morning, that's for sure!

We went shopping at the King of Prussia mall which is a really nice and huge mall! There was so many good deals! I bought a few shirts/sweaters and managed to fit them in my carry on bag :) We then stopped at Trader Joe's on our way back to Amanda's place to pick up some snacks! I have been going through Trader Joe's withdrawal since there is not one near me out here and it was always so convenient since I went there all the time in Madison and only had to walk 5 steps to get there! After Trader Joe's we drove to the south side of Philadelphia to get Philly cheesesteaks and the most famous cheesesteak restaurant called Jim's Steaks. Now I will be the first to admit I was not keen on waiting in the line that was wrapped around the block for some meat and cheese whiz sandwich. But, as soon as we took our first bites... It was so delicious! Saturday night we went out to the bars on the UPenn campus and supported a fundraiser for a UPenn student organization called CityStep. Amanda's roommate Lauren is the president for the group and they teach inner city kids from west Philadelphia how to dance. It was super fun!

My flight left at 11:30 this morning and now I am just relaxing, listening to Christmas music, and cleaning! My mom and brother get in on Tuesday night to Boston and then they are driving up here. I can't wait to spend Tuesday-Sunday with them! :)

Here are some pictures from my weekend! Will update again when we return from Montreal this week! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment