Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while! I have been busy traveling on my weekends and I night have been resting because I came down with a horrible cold!
Two weekends ago I flew to Philadelphia to visit my best friends from college. My flight was delayed on Friday due to weather which was a huge bummer! Instead of getting in at 9:30 I landed at 11:30pm... thank goodness Katie has a car which saved me from having to take pubic transit by myself at night.
On Saturday we packed in as much sightseeing as possible! Amanda lives on the UPenn campus which is absolutely beautiful! We went to a harvest festival at Reading Terminal and Market which is downtown Philadelphia. Lots of Amish farmers and there was even hay rides! It was quite the event and definitely made me miss Wisconsin! We then headed down to the Freedom Trail area and checked out the US Mint, Independence Hall, and where Benjamin Franklin is buried. Following our history lesson, we grabbed a late lunch at the oldest Italian restaurant in the country. I ordered gnocchi and it was delicious! Comparable to my grandmother's! :) After lunch, we took a taxi to LOVE park which is in the heart of Philly. Before headed back to Amanda's place we climbed the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art just as Rocky did in the movie series. We spent our night at a bar on the UPenn campus and it was super fun!
Unfortunately, my flight left at 9:00am on Sunday morning. :( Good news though...I decided to book another flight to Philadelphia in a couple weeks since it is so cheap! I should land earlier on Friday and I took a later flight on Sunday so I will get to spend most of the afternoon with them which will be much nicer!
Here are some pictures from our weekend!
I will update again this week about my weekend trip to Boston with my cousins! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment